Click here for course schedule
Credits: 19.5 CME Credits, 8.0 SAMs CME Credit
Following this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and articulate the responsibility of the pathologist in a multidisciplinary setting that includes radiologists, surgical oncologists, and radiation oncologists. This knowledge will help participants provide better patient care and promote patient safety.
- Identify common entities and design an approach to the differential diagnosis of common and uncommon lesions initially evaluated on core biopsy.
- Discuss the emerging importance of prognostic and predictive factors in the classification of breast cancer and assess their impact on the clinical management of patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery.
Core competencies: PC, MK, ICS, PBL, SBP, PR
Feature: Virtual glass slide cases will be available through the Internet prior to the course
Special video microscopy sessions
Intended Audience: Practicing pathologist, Pathologists, Pathology Residents, and Cytotechnologists
Donald L. Weaver, MD, FASCP
University of Vermont College of Medicine
Melinda E. Sanders, MD, FASCP
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Anna Marie Mulligan, MD, MSc, FRCPath
University Health Network and the University of Toronto
Benjamin C. Calhoun, M.D., PhD
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Course Schedule: - Please check back for complete course schedule
Thursday, November 14
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 – 5:00 PM
Friday, November 15
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 – 5:00 PM
Saturday, November 16
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
1:30 – 5:00 pm
Member Price: $1049
List Price: $1364
Hotel & Travel Information
The LINQ Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
3535 S. Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
One of the most central locations on the Strip, The LINQ Hotel & Casino boasts a collection of Las Vegas rooms & suites with contemporary design & high-tech features.
The LINQ Las Vegas Hotel & Casino offers an action-packed Las Vegas vacation at our hotel, casino and promenade. This Las Vegas hotel has a plethora of dining options, things to do, plus the must see attraction The High Roller at The LINQ Promenade.
Airport: McCarran International Airport
- Taxis – www.ycstrans.com 702-873-2000
- Super Shuttle – www.shuttlelasvegas.com 800-BLUEVAN
- Bell Trans - www.airportshuttlelasvegas.com 702-739-7990 or 800-274-7433
A full refund will be issued for cancellations received, in writing, no later than seven days prior to the start of the course. Refunds are not issued for cancellations received after the seven day deadline; however, substitution with another person is permitted. ASCP reserves the right to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond its control or if there is insufficient registration. You will be notified immediately and allowed to substitute a course or obtain a full refund. The society is not responsible for penalties incurred as a result of cancelled transportation.
The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians.
The ASCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets CC Part II Lifelong Learning and Self Assessment Module Requirements