Back to SH-EAHP Workshop 2019 – September 12-14: Addressing the Challenges of Eosinophilia & Mastocytosis ASCP-SH 2019 Day – September 11
September 12-14 Program Overview
The WHO classification of neoplasms associated with eosinophilia and mastocytosis has undergone significant revision and update in the past decade. Additionally, the number of ancillary studies available to the pathologist and clinician evaluating a patient with eosinophilia or mastocytosis has expanded dramatically making diagnosis and classification of these processes challenging. The goals of this workshop are to share up-to-date information on the pathologic evaluation and classification of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders associated with eosinophilia and mastocytosis. The Workshop will consist of a series of case presentations organized around specific topics as well as keynote lectures on the current challenges and updates in the diagnosis and management of patients with eosinophilia and mastocytosis.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
· Generate a differential diagnosis for peripheral, bone marrow, and lymph node/tissue eosinophilia including both reactive and neoplastic entities. (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Care)
· Discuss optimal ancillary testing strategies for the work-up of eosinophilia in the blood and bone marrow. (Knowledge, Competence, Patient Care)
· Describe the spectrum of features seen in the WHO entities with recurrent genetic abnormalities associated with eosinophilia. (Knowledge, Competence, Performance)
· Recognize other neoplastic entities, both myeloid and lymphoid, associated with eosinophilia and their diagnostic criteria. (Knowledge, Competence, Patient Care)
· Utilize the WHO 2017 diagnostic criteria to evaluate and classify cases of suspected systemic mastocytosis. (Knowledge, Competence, Patient Care)
This conference is designed for physicians and other health professionals in hematopathology, pathology, molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics, hematology and oncology.
Educational Methods Topic Lectures, Case Studies, Questions and Answers