Intended Audience: Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Pathologists
Keywords: transgender, Affordable Care Act, laboratory monitory guidelines, reference ranges
Sorry, this item can only be purchased by current members.
Would you like to...
· Define terminology related to the transgender population including transman, transwoman, and non-binary.
· Describe common issues faced by transgender patients in the...
· Describe common issues faced by transgender patients in the healthcare setting such as shared inpatient rooms, availability of unisex bathrooms, and inflexibility of electronic health records in allowing for affirmed gender identity.
· Summarize health insurance challenges faced by the transgender patient population and the impact of the Affordable Care Act in mandating preventative care
· Identify the basic options for hormonal and surgical treatments for transitioning of transmen and transwomen and recognize laboratory monitoring guidelines for transmen and transwomen
· Explain pathology and laboratory medicine challenges associated with transgender patients including Pap smears for transmen, lack of reference ranges for tests, and prostate cancer screening in transwomen